• Home
Google
 

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Reswa: Six Months Ceremony

Hey it's Ewa again, I hope you are not bored with me, here are the pictures which I have promised you before. Before that here is a little knowledge of the ceremony. Six months ceremony in Balinese culture is performed when a baby has reached 210 days or 6 months according to Balinese calendar (1 month is equal to 35 days). As you all know, most of Balinese follow the Hindu religion. One of the most important beliefs in Hindu's religion is reincarnation. We all have lived before, we just didn't realize it and couldn't remember how it was. In the past life, we might have done something wrong that we haven't had the time to redeem it in that lifetime. This (maybe you can call it sins) will be passed on to our next life. So, six month ceremony symbolized the redemption of our sins and the blessing to have a better life than before.

This was before the ceremony, with my mom.
And this was me and my dad (so nobody would be jealous).
Praying before the ceremony.
The holy man (Pedanda in Balinese) cut my hair.
Drinking the holy water and wish for blessing.
Looking for the remains of my hair.
Leaving the scene, entering the trading zone.
Me in the cage, looking for my ring and fish.
Selling goods, anybody want to buy a cracker?
I've sold all my goods, now I want to count the result.

0 comments: